Sony has finally revealed the much-awaited PlayStation 5 console today June 11th 2020. After the reveal of counterpart Xbox Series x in December 2019 last year, Fan has been ever since eager for the reveal of the PlayStation 5. Sony had us waiting for long. From long silences to delays. After this mega event, all we can say is it was worth it.
Game is what a gamer needs. Games are what we buy consoles for, as console hardware is lifeless without actual games on it. And games are what Sony makes best. And yet again Sony has left everyone stunned with some amazing new much-anticipated game line up for the upcoming PlayStation 5. Sony rained games for the Nxt Gen console in the event, some of the most anticipated ones are :
- Horizon 2:
- Resident Evil 8
- Gran Tourismo 7
- Demon’s Souls Remake
- NBA 2k21
- Spiderman 2
- Hitman 3
- Project Athia
From the release trailer its clear that there will be 2 versions. 1 will be a standard ps5 and other being a Digital only version. Digital-only version would be a cheaper model having no physical disc drive. It will only allow digital game purchases from the Sony Playstore.
- CPU: 8x Zen 2 Cores at 3.5GHz (variable frequency)
- GPU: Custom RDNA 2 – 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency)
- Memory: 16GB GDDR6/256-bit RAM, 448GB/s.
- Storage: Custom 825GB SSD.
- Expandable storage: NVMe SSD Slot, USB HDD support.
- Optical drive: 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray.
Everything to be excited for
With Powerful GPU Custom RDNA 2 and roughly 10.28 Tera-flops. Realistic Graphic limits are set to be stretched even further. With Hardware-based Ray tracing. The Game is set to drop your jaw with there graphical performance. Graphics for some of the game showcased looked gorgeous in the event. To understand the in-game Graphics of ps5 we should take a look at the Demo of Unreal Engine 5 from epic games.
Say Goodbye to Loading Screens
With the fastest SSD ever made with the speed of up to 9GB/Second and 100 times faster than PS4 hard disk. Say goodbye to a long frustrating Loading screen. In a demo, Sony shows how a 15-second Fast travel loading screen for a Spiderman game took 0.8 Second on PS5.
4k 60 Frames Per Second
With Specifications like high-end PC having 8x Zen 2 Cores at 3.5GHz (variable frequency) CPU and 16 GB DDR 6 RAM 60 FPS will be a norm on your next-gen console even on a 4k Screen, with even higher FPS on an HD Display.
Media Player is also added to the PS5 console with a dedicated remote for your media. Sony has clearly targeted PS5 to be a Home friendly entertainment box and be more than just a powerful gaming machine even further this time.
With the advancement of gaming technology, one of the most important aspects in entertainment “sound” remain much underdeveloped. But with this NextGen PS5 Sony claim that the Audio experience is about to change. with 3d surround, sound audio aimed to build in the hardware of the console itself so you can actually feel every sound and its direction even on a standard audio television. A much remains unknown yet but Sony is so confident that they asked the viewers to tune in with Headphones for this event as our standard speakers don’t usually have the hardware of the advance Audio Sony was showcasing.
Dual Sense controller:
With the end of the Dual shock controller series, Sony launched Dual Sense as the controller for ps5. With features like Haptic Feedback, 3rd Designed Audio, Inbuilt Microphone, Micro USB Port C, long battery life, and much more the gamers around the globe are excited.
Some of the Key features for Dual sense Controller are:
- Haptic Feedback: Haptic Technology is a touch communication technology. We all smartphone users are aware of them. Remember how your phone vibrates differently with keyboard typing or the onscreen touch buttons?. Well, that’s Haptic technology!. Haptic Technolgy can make you feel every movement you take, every grind of the car differently. With this amazing technology, the gaming experience is about to be redefined.
- Inbuilt Microphone: Lack of Microphone in a Dual-shock 4 was heavily criticized by the critics. Voice command is a part of our life an Inbuilt Microphone was a necessity. Ps5 is said to have a voice command similar to Alexa or Siri where you can just command to save the game and you are done.
- USB Port type C: Not only this port type will help in quick charging but up to 40 times faster data transfer.
- Adaptive Triggers:
- Improved Battery: With Criticism of low battery life, an improved battery was the expectation of fans and sony to have heard this demand with improved battery life.
- Create Button: Share Button is replaced by a create button. With Live streaming and Meme gifs being a phenomenon in the gaming industry share button is replaced by Create Button.
Sony hasn’t confirmed any release date and the Price yet for Ps5 yet. As per the rumors 20 November, 2020 might be the release date with the price somewhere between $450-$499. And recently rumors about Play stations have been more correct than not.
We are sure if you are into gaming this reveal would have left you excited for things to come. Stay tuned with Yestar.com for more updates and news about Ps5. Till then you check out our list of Top Free Smartphone games we picked for our gaming friends like you.